Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

interest rate increase

J-H
5 - Atom

I am trying to multiply an initial value by an interest rate for a number of years. i.e Year 1 = x, Year 2 = x*1.1, year 3 = Year 2 *1.1 and so on. What is the best way to do this? thank you

7 REPLIES 7
DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

HI J-H

You could use the multi row formula to achieve this. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Tool-Mastery-Multi-Row-Formula/ta-p...

Have a read and let me know what you think. I think it would be very useful for you.

Best,

Diego

J-H
5 - Atom

Thanks Diego, I have tried to use the multi row formula but I can only make one extra column with the (x*1.1) results - how can i make this repeat for multiple rows? 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @J-H 

Can you post a sample input data file and what you would like the output to look like

Dan

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

Hi J-H,

I created a workflow supposing that your data starts on something like this:

DiegoParker_0-1580471711084.png

Whilst this may not be necessarily the case, maybe the concept will be useful for you.

I created the following workflow:

DiegoParker_1-1580471758407.png

I configured the generate rows like this, in yellow would be the "Number of years":

DiegoParker_2-1580471791792.png

Then I got rid of some stuff with the select tool and configured my first multi-row like this:

DiegoParker_3-1580471842429.png

This will make the years increase by one.

The last multi-row I configured it like this:

DiegoParker_4-1580471887786.png

and this gave me the following result:

DiegoParker_5-1580471916165.png

I'm attaching the workflow for your reference.

Hope this helps If does, can I ask you to mark it as correct? this will help other users to find correct answers and will allow us to close the thread. Many thanks!

Best,
Diego

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @J-H,

Here's an example on how to do it with multiple variables.

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Regards

J-H
5 - Atom

Thank you!

J-H
5 - Atom

Thanks Diego!

Labels