Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

interatice chart not working

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I do not know why the interatice chart tool does not work as shown below. Anyone has a idea?

hajeong_0-1653640943314.png

Thank you in advancre!

10 REPLIES 10
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @hajeong,

If you just put data from the labels column does it do anything? Does the bar chart do anything?

IraWatt_0-1653641268475.png

I've attached an example workflow see if it works, If it doesn't could be due to a bug.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@hajeong look at the latest weekly challenge where you can see the use of interactive tool  

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-320-Women-Representation-in-Politics/td-...

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @IraWatt

Nothing shows up when I put data on values and labels.

Plus, my friend did the same process I did on the interatice chart and it worked on his computer. I guess it's a bug. 

hajeong
7 - Meteor

Hi @binuacs

I have read it and tried, but still nothing shows up on the chart.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@hajeong are you saying after downloading one of the solution from the weekly challenge also not working in your Designer? which version are you using?

hajeong
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Yes, I can see the pie garph on the browse, but not on the interactive chart interface. I am using the latest version. 

hajeong_0-1653644117546.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This is probably a one for Support - Alteryx Community I has a similar problem with Intelligence Suite. I'd try submitting a case there.

hajeong
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt Thanks for the solution! I will try!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@hajeong - not sure if you solved this one, but I was able to side step this by, creating the basic "blank/missing" chart layer then closing the tool.  Run the workflow and go back in and the chart should be in there.  The Interactive Tool doesn't inherit the information from preceding tools so there is no data in it to build an actual chart with until you then re-run it.

***And yes, I realize the last post was over a year ago.  😁

Labels