Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

input data source template in dynamic input tool

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Could someone please provide some insight.. i have used something like C:\Users\UserID\Test\ExcelLoad.xlsx  in the input data source template

it is working fine right now but when i move the workflow to the gallery and schedule will it look for that folder C:\Users\UserID\Test\ExcelLoad.xlsx

on the server - will be getting an error because there is no such folder on the server - thanks for your time

4)I took an example file from the community and this is where i am banging my head to the wall

the workflow example that i took it from the community has the line in the "input datasoruce template" - This i did not modify it or i did not touch it all

how is it working? I do not have E drive on my PC or i have any excel file that is name is File1.xlsx - but when i run it i see the data getting from the SP folder file and it is what i want - this particular line i am not able to get it - i really appreciate your time if someone can explain me this

E:\Test\ExcelLoad\File1.xlsx

Raj_007_0-1614092425098.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Raj_007 

You will need to have your input files saved in a location that your server has access to - like a network folder that both your machine can access, for workflows development, as well as the server. Hope this helps. Cheers!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Raj_007,

As @christine_assaad saied you have to put the file in a shared location that the Sever can access like share drive. After that I recommend you to use ALL UNC in order to be sure that the server have the same path as you used in local:

Below how to setup the ALL UNC folder:

messi007_0-1614100662183.pngmessi007_1-1614100689664.png

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi Christine,

In my workflow that i downloaded from the community - i used it to work with my req

but i did not change the input datasource template i used as it is 

E:\Test\ExcelLoad\File1.xlsx

in my PC i do not have the E drive not i have any file that is called File1.xlsx - how is this working? confused

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi Christine,

one thing i did not get is - in the input soruce template excel file - we can keep anything that is kind of template with the sheet name and few columns in it

This IS not the actual data file - just some template similar to the actual data file - correct?

Hi @Raj_007 

The Screenshot is too small so I can't really see how it was configured. You can share the WF so I can better answer your question. Do you have any path created using the formula building block?

Labels