Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

input data & order of processing

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I'm confused and hoping someone can give me a bit of guidance.

I have a set of tools (process a) that must complete before I execute process b.  Process b starts with an input data tool (which is incidentally created by process a).  How do I create a work flow that processes a and waits until it completes before starting process b.

I have pursued macros, block until done tool, and crew parallel block until done but have not been successful.    I'm a bit baffled. Ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jeffv If you have tried macros, block until done and crew macros, I am going to suggest something else. You want to chain the workflows together, this is known as chaining analytic applications. Basically, you create 2 different workflows and after the first run, you can choose which workflow you want to run next. Below are the links. Does this help?

DiganP_1-1579027551339.png

Chaining Apps KB Article

Chaining Analytic Apps Video

Digan
Alteryx
jeffv
8 - Asteroid

This may work... I've used chaining apps before.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Jeff

Labels