Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

indent and bullets in Report Text tool

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Dear wonderful Alteryx community,

I'm looking to create an output from the Report text tool to RTF that has indenting and bullets.  Is that even possible?  Could it be done using the Expert Mode (PCXML)?  Any ideas for workarounds if not possible?

Example:

Here is a subject title

• Now I want to be able to create bullets and when the text extends to the end of the line and beyond, I want the remaining text to be indented like this.

Then I want to be able to continue to put text indented below but without a bullet.

Thanks!
Maureen

5 REPLIES 5
lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @Dynamomo

Reporting tools often have many ways to reach the same answer! I wouldn't be surprised if there's a raw PCXML approach (perhaps by modifying the solution from this post?) but one way to get this done is to align each of your elements as separate report snippets. By using an empty Report Text Tool to horizontally layout and align the indents before vertically combining prior to rendering, we can output an .rtf file that appears as below. 

RTF render.png

The workflow to arrive at this solution is attached. 

indent and bullets in Report Text tool.png

Hope this helps!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Dynamomo , I have tried to solve this using htmlpassthrough let me know if this helps.

grazitti_sapna_0-1601962379599.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@lmorrell - thanks for this.  it will get me a lot closer to what I need.

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Hi @grazitti_sapna ,

I can't get anything to be produced from the workflow. the browser is empty and it does not appear to render anything out. Did you get this to work for you? 

MarvMaster
6 - Meteoroid

Thats an issue with the validate PCXML, if you untick it you will get the result.

Here is a workaround but I have no explanation why that helps.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/HTML-Passthrough-for-PCXML-not-working...

Labels