Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

import multiple tables from single excel sheet (general ledger)

hnadem
5 - Atom

Dear community,

The format of my input is generate by a system with standard format.

the file structure is the following:

<account number1>, <account description1>

-table composed of transaction information related to account 1

<account number2>, <account description2>

-table composed of transaction information related to account 2

<account number N>, <account descriptionN>

-table composed of transaction information related to account N

See attached example.

My objective would be to transform this format in a standard data base before being able to create a workflow in alteryx

<account number2>, <account description2> <transaction information> as described in the attachement,

I would normally use VBA to do this operation but I am struggleling a bit with doing this in ALteryx.

Any idea?

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi hnadem,

Can you please try the following workflow and let me know if it solves the issue?

Annotation 2020-07-01 112229.png

hnadem
5 - Atom

Hi AngelosPachis,

I think this is going in the right direction, but  in the proposed solution the number of line seems to be fixed.

What is missing is the ability to run on 1 to N number of account and 1 to N number of transaction.

Do you think there is a way to do this?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Do you mean that the number of line is fixed because a "Select Records"tool is used? That's only to skip unnecessary rows at the beginning of the file.

To check that the workflow will run properly if for N number of accounts and N transactions in each account I generated a new dataset by unioning the original one 4 times. The workflow appears to run properly for any number of transactions/accounts.

Can you please provide an example where the proposed workflow is not working correctly so I can understand the requirements?

Thanks

Labels