Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

import a text file

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I can't get this simple task to work for me in Alteryx, I know it's me 😀

I can do it no problems in Excel or in Monarch, by using data traps but sample of what I seeing, doing so if any one can explain, what I'm doing wrong, suggest how to fix. 

I get different tpyes of requests usually in email, I save to notepad then open in excel to split the data, for larger text files I use Monarch but I'd like to use Alteryx as a one stop shop 😀

Sample file / picture of the error. 

I'd like to split it so I get the Item / SO / Current Qty / New Qty in different columns. 

Capture.PNG

TIA

Karl 

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Karl_Spratt,

Here is another post on the similar Problem already present in community. I think that might help you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Too-many-fields-in-record-1/m-p/46998#...

Sapna Gupta
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

HI @Karl_Spratt 

You can simply enable long lines, then you will be able to work with the whole file. To parse it out, I would recommend using Regex. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1614252430787.png

pedrodrfaria_1-1614252485015.png

Pedro.

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks guys..For all your help.

Regards,

Karl

Labels