Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

import File

Scheruku
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm facing issues with reading a series of data which has multiple lines. Please see below the format...

Sheet 1 has actual lines...sheet 2 has output

3 REPLIES 3
Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

How about something like the attached?

Scheruku
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much...I'm still learning Alteryx and if you can explain the formulas it would help me

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar

Import File.png

- Record ID to to keep track of the order of the records, since lots of data needs to be filled up or down.
- Multi-Field Formula to clean up all cells, trim and replace empty string with Null for formulas later to check if a cell is blank or not.
- Mulit-Row Formula to create "ParentID", if both Debit and Credit are blank, use the previous ParentID, if there is a value in either, it's RecordID is used as the ParentID.
- Filter into two streams, one for Parent, one for child (if RecordID=ParentID it is a parent record)
- in child stream, Summarize, grouping by ParentID, and concatenating to create the fields: Narration,Field1,Field2
- Multi-Field Formula to clean up all cells, trim and replace empty string with Null
- in parent stream, three Multi-Row Formula tools to fill down the fields: Date,Vch Type,Vch No.
- Multi-Filed Formula to replace null with zero in the Debit and Credit fields
- Join the streams on RecordID and ParentID
- Union so all record from the parent stream are retained
- Select to arrange the fields
- Sort by RecordID descending
- Multi-Row Formula to fill Narration up
- Sort into final display order

Labels