Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

if contains elseif troubleshoot

lancegoh1
7 - Meteor

hello,

I'm having a slight issue with my expression. can someone please help.

alteryx test 2.png

so basically I input the formula tool. And what I planned to have was ' change of bo', 'change of ppo', 'constitutional doc - ownership proof' and 'constitutional doc - ownership proof (cosima)' to have the field [Team2] to be autofilled a text "to check" and the rest as "not asc". however when I ran the workflow, all of the rows in [Team2] were filled as 'not asc'.

alteryx couldn't pick up any error within the expression, so I'm just curious as to what went wrong.

Regards,

Lance

8 REPLIES 8
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@lancegoh1I  would try switching the order of your last two conditions.

lancegoh1
7 - Meteor

hi Patrick, I tried to put only 1 condition but expression is still filling the entire field with 'not asc' as shown below.

alteryx test.png

alteryx test 2.png

Regards,

lance

Surendar28
5 - Atom

Hi 

Can u able to share the input!

Regards

Surendar.C

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

There's nothing obviously wrong with what you've posted, but what does the Input data look like ?  Does it match the exact CaSe That You have SpeCiFied ?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Edit: I'd like to change my answer to direct you to the comment below by @harikakummara  That's better than what I originally had.

harikakummara
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Lance,

It may be due to "Space" or "text match" issue. For text match issue, try using "Uppercase" function on column "[Doc Code (pre-1P)]" . For "Space" issue, try removing extra white spaces or copy exact text from [Team 2] column.

Either ways, it would be better if you can provide a sample of data here.

Thanks,

Harika Kummara

kklein12
5 - Atom

Single vs. double quotes?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@kklein12  Single vs double doesn't matter as long as you stay consistent in the formula with one exception:

If you're quoting a string which contains a single or double quote, then you must use the opposite to enclose it.

For example if you're searching a text field for the string: It's a string

You would use:

Contains([FieldName],"It's a string")

If you were searching for the string: A "string" in the text

You would use:

Contains([FieldName],'A "string" in the text')

Labels