Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

if-and

sim123
5 - Atom

Hi, i am trying to link two conditions in alteryx with below code but the result is all 1, i have null/ blank values in these two fields how to resolve( i need if an epic is linked to initiative give me 1 if initiative is blank give me 0)

IIF(IsString([Epic Summary]) and IsString([Initiative Summary]),1,0)

8 REPLIES 8
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @sim123, would the following logic work in your case?

IF [Epic Summary] = [Initiative Summary]
AND !IsEmpty([Initiative Summary]) 
	THEN 1
ELSE 0 
ENDIF

If not, it would be helpful if you could provide sample data in your columns for us to provide an appropriate logic.

sim123
5 - Atom

sample data attached now values are coming 0, epic summary will not be equal to initiative summary, i need if epic is present and initiative also present result 1 if epic present initiative not present result 0

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Thank you for sharing the data. I would go with the following formula to flag records that have both Epic and Initiative Summary.

IF !IsEmpty(TRIM([Epic Summary])) AND 
	!IsEmpty(TRIM([Initiative Summary]))
THEN 1
ELSE 0
ENDIF

The attached workflow is an implementation of the formula.

sim123
5 - Atom

Hi thanks for reverting, it worked. Also when I am trying to publish my output file as Tableau data extract its giving me an error 'cannot access the folder', how to connect it in tableau i wish to make a dashboard in tableau with this data

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Are you looking to output a Hyper file directly onto the Tableau Server, or saving it on your local machine and then reading it in Tableau? If server, check with you Tableau Server admin to see if you have publishing access, and if local machine it looks like you might not have access to the drive where Alteryx is attempting to write. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @sim123 ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Happy Alteryx-ing!

sim123
5 - Atom

Hi, I have two questions one is if some column is not present in my input data and i wish to make a relation between this column and the output how to do, if you see in my Workflow the first output is segregated by Product owners who are reporting to one person but his name or column field is not available in input data how to relate all these product managers to him?

Second question i have four outputs how do i get a single file consisting of all these outputs and inherent sheets

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @sim123, can you explain your first question with an example and in context to your data?

As for your second question, can you give the attached workflow a try? I set it up so that it writes to different tabs of the same workflow. 

Labels