Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

i want to filter multiple columns with conditions

AvinashBhawsar
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone, i am new to Alteryx tool and did not learn anything. i am looking for help here to make the below process less time taking. in my report currently i have to select custodian name (which is a bank name) and there are multiple bank names on the report. so, i have to compare the records which is provided by those bank's with ours by applying filters and based on the combinations i have to provide notes.

1) Select OS Sheet and filter DB under Custodian Column.

a. Filter Column O (Collateral Compare) Note Reported and Column F(CWLCollateralStatusTypeshort) Accepted or None then Note (Column W) should be Loan Not Reported on TR.

b. Filter Column O (Collateral Compare) False and Column L (TR Status) PDR or PWT then Note (Column W) should be Loan Not Reported on TR.

c. Filter Column O (Collateral Compare) False and Column L (TR Status) Accepted or None then Note (Column W) should be Wet/Dry Interface Disc.

d  Filter Column O (Collateral Compare) True and Column N (OPB Disc) Amounts (there will be multiple Amounts) then Note (Column W) should be Loan Amt Disc.

e. Filter Column O (Collateral Compare) True and Column N (OPB Disc) $- then Note (Column W) should be Reconciled.

Above are 25% steps of Report and remaining process will be same just column name would change.

3 REPLIES 3
demand_james
8 - Asteroid

HI Avinash -

You can write all these conditions in a single formula tool but I would recommend actually doing the filters individually,  it actually makes the process much easier and transparent, and also you can spot your mistakes very quickly.

See in the attached for some very basic logic.

AvinashBhawsar
7 - Meteor

Hi Vantage_James,

i hope you are doing well. Thanks for the prompt reply. sure, i will work with your sample and if face any challenges then will reach out to you.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @AvinashBhawsar 
I would also recommend that if you are new to Alteryx, take a look at the Getting Started learning path!

This will help you to better understand the basic tools of Alteryx, and what they are capable of!

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels