Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

i can't find answer for this ques,i don't know how this question was related to alteryx

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

16oz of alteryxium decays and losses 30% of its weight every second.how many seconds will it take until alteryxium weigh less than 1/100th of an ounce ?

13 REPLIES 13
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I'd build an iterative macro that reduces 16 by 30% until it equals the 1/100th of an ounce. Count the number of iterations it takes and thats your answer..

Something like this:

weight.PNG

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

thanks a lot for your answer .......can i know what is input for this work flow 

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@haroon_sa the input was a text input with 16 as the only field

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

Weight  iteration

@LordNeilLord.This is output for me,iteration was 12,but for my question there is only option is 19sec,20sec,21sec,22sec.can you please give solution  for my question..

Reinierk
7 - Meteor

@haroon_sa

If you set the filter tool to [Remaining Weight]<=0.01. it should work I used the same approach as @LordNeilLord, however with my change on the filter.

I came to an answer of 21 sec.

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

@ReinierK

Thank you......very useful

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@Reinierk, I got 19 when I ran it :)

haroon_sa
10 - Fireball

Here is my file,it is still 12, however i changed a lot

LordNeilLord