Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to write a formula: if it contains location use the location or use the plant code

Hongli1216
8 - Asteroid

I'm really new. Thanks for your help! Please see the attached file. I'm trying to write a formula: if the column Location includes the state location, then use the location column to allocate to the state; or use column Plant to allocate to state. For example, cell c8 is USCA00122, then I need to use CA as the allocated state. Like cell C6 and C7 are numbers and I cannot use them to allocate to any state, and I have to use column F Plant link to plant reference file, using plant code to match with state. What kind for formula I should write? Thanks! 

13 REPLIES 13
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Hongli1216,

Happy to help.  That's what the Alteryx Community is for.  As for continuing your learning, I can give you the following advice:

1.  If you haven't watched the Interactive Lessons and completed the Learning Path in the Academy section, I strongly recommend investing the time.

2.  Work your way through the Weekly Challenges in the Academy section.  Not only will it challenge you in other areas of Alteryx, but you get to see how others are solving the same problem.

3.  If you can, go to Analyticon.  The training and classes are invaluable.

4.  Never stop learning.  Spend time in Alteryx and on Alteryx Community.  Read other threads in Designer Discussions.  Go to a User Group either in person or to one of the on-line groups.

Hongli1216
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your guidance! Where is the Analyticon? In your email, you mentioned: If you can, go to Analyticon. The training and classes are invaluable. Please advise!

Hongli

Hongli1216
8 - Asteroid

Good morning T_Willins,

Thanks for your guidance! I will follow it! where is the Analyticon? 

Hongli

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @Hongli1216,

Analyticon (formerly know as Inspire) is the annual Alteryx user conference.  There is typically 3 held each year:  in June in the US, Oct/Nov in Europe (usually London), and Jan/Feb in Sydney, Australia.  The next Analyticon is in New Orleans in June.  Link to information here:

https://www.alteryx.com/analyticon-2020

Labels