Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to use password efficiently without changing every time

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

Hi all:

I've developed several workflows in Alteryx, some of those are configured in the server and some I manually run from local machine. Those workflows have many inputs which extract data from different platforms. The source platforms prompt for password change after certain interval (40/60 days etc.).

Now the problem is - I need to update password every time for all the inputs of the workflows both in the server and local. It's time consuming and creates lots of problems, sometime workflows fail due to old password etc.

Is there anyway to manage password in a better way in Alteryx i.e. configure input nodes in a way so that those can take password from a common place. I want to keep the uid & pwd in a single place, share across the workflows and not embed with each input node. Any idea please?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tanvir_khan,

There are a few different ways you can accomplish at least some automation/simplification of changing passwords. This KB Article really outlines the methods nicely.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Peter

Labels