Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to update sales forecast by actual and add new selling product or customer?

Kevincoco
6 - Meteoroid

Hi the alteryx community,

I m trying to build a simple sales forecasting (google sheet) where (for simplicity) the sales forecast is based on the last actual sales.

I d like to have a workflow that update the customer id & product id of the "sales per store" table (tab of a google sheet) based on a "customer" & "product" table (other tab of the same google sheet) following this format:
- each customer always has all products for sales

In the example i show below I d like to have the new product (5) for all customers & the new customer (ebay) with all 5 products

Please see screenshot below:
stores.PNGproduct.PNGsales per store.PNG

Any idea??

4 REPLIES 4
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

What you're looking for here is an Append. That'll give you a complete list of Products x Customers. You can then join that on to your sales and  Union any of the combinations that come out of L/R.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kevincoco ,

I think, Append Fields, Join and Union should do the job, workflow could look like this: 

2020-11-11_08-16-52.png

I've attached a sample workflow, let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

Kevincoco
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks 🙂

Kevincoco
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks 🙂 that`s the solution i was looking for !!

Labels