Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to pick the data from a cell and populate across multiple rows?

Abisayi
5 - Atom

I'm hoping you can help me with this.Attached is my sample data and desired output. I'd like to pick the data from a cell ( e.g. A3 shown under Current input ) and populate across multiple rows ( e.g F17 to F 22 as shown under Desired output) in a new column ( e.g.Metric).

Thank you

Abi

note: In my workflow, i created a work around for this using Sample tool to skip 1 N row, used Dynamic rename tool to get the row 4 to show as the new headers, and a Formula tool to populate the Metric column. Although, I'd like to achieve this without the formula tool if possible.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I used a similar solution, but took the second row and appended it. Solution attached. 

Abisayi
5 - Atom

hi Brandon,

The attachement is not opening. But i think i understand what you are saying.

Thanks

Abi

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is the tool configuration for my solution. If the field that you always want to append is in the second row you could use a select records tool to pick that second row, use a select tool to only pull that column, and then append the value from that cell to each record from the top part of the workflow. I also reattached the workflow to this post if you can give it another try opening it up. 

append solution.PNG

Labels