Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to make loops with Alteryx?

Hannia_Ruíz
7 - Meteor
Hello everyone, I have problems creating some type of cycles or loops with alteryx, 
in the column "Fecha" as seen there is a date format and another that represents an account number,
I would like to associate each policy in another column with its corresponding account,
to later delete the row that has the account, e.g. 410001.1
I would appreciate your help, thank you

dudaAlteryx.png 

4 REPLIES 4
FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Hannia_Ruíz. Welcome to the Alteryx Community. I am moving your post to our Designer Discussions board so you have more visibility. 

Also, I noticed that you are using your Designer in Spanish. Have you checked our Spanish Community? There you can not only find resources in Spanish but Alteryx users that can help you in your native language as well. 😉

Saludos! 

Flávia Brancato
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hannia_Ruíz 

You can use a formula tool to create the column CN that says

If [Prueba] = 0

THEN [Fecha]

ELSE Null()

ENDIF

Then you can use a multi row formula afterwards to update the CN column that says

IF IsNull([CN])

THEN [Row-1:CN]

ELSE [CN]

ENDIF

This will fill down the CN to every row below it until it hits the next CN. Then you can use a filter that says

[Prueba] != 0

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

solution.png

Hannia_Ruíz
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

Cheers from Mexico 😄

Labels