Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to join two table and remove matching records

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

I have Table1 and Table2 have three columns each. I want to join the two table and to remove the record which are matching in Table1, Column A and Table2. Column A. Finally I have to add those unmatched records into another Table3.

11 REPLIES 11
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @troy_mech,

I would recommend doing a Join where you Union the results that come out of the L and R sides (see below).  The J will be the records that match from each table, the L and R will be the non-matches.  I've attached an example yxmd as well:

ggruccio_0-1596217388516.png

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @troy_mech ,

i mocked up an example. is this what you are hoping to achieve?

bpatel_0-1596217459096.png

hope this helps!

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

You are a star.

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

I have extracted unmatched values from Table 1. I need to add those values in Table2 but the file is being used by alteryx. One more challenge is Table 1 have three columns A, B and C whereas Table 2 have six columns A, B, C, D, E and F.

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@troy_mech ,

what if you try this.. take the unmatched records and add them to table 2. i updated the sample workflow. let me know if this helps!

bpatel_0-1596219678825.png

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Here I'm comparing two tables, one is retrieved from excel file. Post comparing matching values, need to add unmatched values from Table 1 (Left join) need to be added in the existing file.

Venkatesh_Sampath_0-1596220155683.png

bpatel
Alteryx
Alteryx

@troy_mech .

got it. you can add an output to the unmatched records and have that output update the input file. hopefully this helps

bpatel_1-1596220585782.png

troy_mech
8 - Asteroid

Sorry for coming again, Do I need add "Block Until Done” tool before the output tool. Table1 have three column and how this will add into Table2 which have six columns.

Labels