Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to insert a row that concatenates the two rows below it

Mond
8 - Asteroid

hi, i am new to alteryx and trying to figure out the most efficient way to insert a new row that concatenates ONLY two rows of data below it. Something like this:

Capture.JPG

i have been finding articles on summarize or dynamic rows but those work on all the rows in the data... how do i limit this to using only the first 2 rows of the data and insert it b/w the header and that data?

1 REPLY 1
EKBS83
7 - Meteor

Hi,

You could filter out the records which just have "date" as their value and then use two RegEx tools to rename the "start" and "end" records as "start date" and "end date".

The only issues I can see still remaining for you is that you have conflicting data types in these columns, as the sub-headings are strings and your data is date type - you will only be able to use your dates as strings.

EKBS83_0-1636391631915.pngEKBS83_1-1636391658534.png

EKBS83_2-1636391714439.png

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Ed

Labels