Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to get names of all sheets of a spreadsheet using Dynamic input tool

Simi_M
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to understand Dynamic Input tool. Is there a way by which I can get list of all sheets available in a spreadsheet using Dynamic tool. Also, my Dynamic tool is getting its path from Directory tool.

Regards,

Simi

5 REPLIES 5
JWS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Simi_M you can add the <List of Sheet Names> with a formula tool. Please see the workflow attached.

JWS_0-1599069025926.png

rituraj963
8 - Asteroid

@JWS your solution works 🙂

Simi_M
7 - Meteor

Hi , 

Is there a way that while fetching data from each tab I can have a sheet/tab identifier as well.

Regards,

Simi

JWS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Simi_M here is a great post that dives into this topic. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Import-multiple-Excel-Sheets-with-shee...

If you share your use case. I can provide some more specifics.

A pretty straight forward way is the following: Please see below a screenshot of the Dynamic input tool. You can Output the File Name as Field and then Parse the Sheet Name out of the Full Path.

JWS_0-1599148401570.png

Labels