Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to create new tabs in the same output file

mihir_mir_jb
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well.

I want to understand is there a way where from a Union tool which gives a list of output which has different products lets say A, B, C so on and so forth. How can I segregate these different products in one out file on separate tabs.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @mihir_mir_jb,

It is important to have the desired sheet names unioned underneath each other.

This field can be used in the output tool to create different sheets, using the following option:

Yalmar_0-1585916378894.png

Yalmar_1-1585916417756.png

You click the checkbox and are able to append suffeix to file/table Name.

It even offers you the opportunity to exclude the field from the output.

Kind regards,

Yalmar

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mihir_mir_jb 

Like @yalmar_m mentioned, you can use the Output tool feature to modify the file path. I typically recommend creating the output path for each record ahead of time and replace the entire path in the Output tool option. The "OutputByName.yxmd" attached below will show an example of this in action.

If you are adding new sheets to an existing file, check the Output options to make sure you're replacing only the sheets you specify and not the entire file (which would erase preexisting sheets).

20200403-OutputByName.png

If you'd like to use the reporting tools to add formatting to your output, this is still possible with a few more steps. The "RenderNamedSheets.yxmd" example will show how to achieve that. 

mihir_mir_jb
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both for your help on this, much appreciated.

Stay safe, take care!

Labels