Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to create headers in Excel report?

redsanjay
7 - Meteor

Im trying to create header for excel report which is being generated from Alteryx. I have explored few related topics but still i could not get that.

Capture.PNG

I am trying to create something like this, Kindly help me.

Alteryx flow attached.

Thank you, 

5 REPLIES 5
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi, I did a sample workflow for your case, the thing is to use report text to have the headers and then create a layout, pluys reporting tools work mostly with other reporting tools.

Hope it helped!

redsanjay
7 - Meteor

Thank you, it worked..!!

redsanjay
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

when I see the results in browse tool it looks good, But when I output the data to excel file I could not see the data.

I have attached the  workflow. Please suggest.

Thank you

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@redsanjay hi, to have the proper report, you should use the render tool which gives you the result you want, the output file only output a bit of code and not the report itself (it's the tool under the browse), I made it make a temporary file, but you could save it where you wish.

isrivastava
5 - Atom
Spoiler
@Ladarthur Can you tell me how to create sheets within same excel file.In this case I want sheet1,sheet 2,sheet3 for example.
Labels