Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to create an analytical application using formula tool

Danielht
7 - Meteor

Hello,
I have a problem, I do not know how to make the values that I entered in the analytical application are returned together with the calculations that are inside the formula tool. You can download the .yxwz file. I show the result that I want, an image of the work flow and the inputs that I entered. I don't know if what I did is okay.

What I want (oil, 54 and the results of formula tool)

result.PNG

workflow

app.PNG

Inputs (oil and 54)

input.PNG

   

3 REPLIES 3
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Daniel, I think I understand what you're trying to achieve.

I edited your description_woe and age_woe formulas a little bit it to use if then elseif  rather than if then else if.

The bigger change though is that [use] and [note] should be generated from age ranges as well in your formula tool. I've had a go at replicating what you had in the text input tool. My assumptions are clearly wrong, but you get the idea and you can edit the formulas to represent the correct range rules for age and description.

You then only have 1 description and 1 age value in your text input and this is what you then manipulate through the interface tools. The rules then correctly performs the calculations based on the ranges defined.

Remember to include a Browse tool at the end and go to settings in the Interface designer to tick the browse tool to display the result when you run it as an app.

Attached is the amended workflow file.

DavidP_0-1588084254702.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Danielht ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Dan

Danielht
7 - Meteor

Thay you @DavidP !!

you opened my mind.

Labels