Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to compare two spreadsheets for similarities

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

I need your help to figure out which tool(s) to use in Alteryx to compare two spreadsheets and find the similarities: I have one large spreadsheet of people and a 2nd one with only the users who use our systems. I need to compare the two spreadsheets using the User ID column and find out which people from the 1st spreadsheet show up on the 2nd file (who from the first list use our systems). And the 2nd thing would be: once I have the names that show up in both spreadsheets, I need to extract the data from the 2nd file using only those names.

Many thanks for your assistance!

Kind regards,

Ioana

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ivoiculescu2020 ,

You can use the join tool to help you compare both spreadsheets. I'm sharing an example here for you.

fmvizcaino_0-1592938220556.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Hi @

Your solution worked!!! Many thanks for your prompt assistance. 

Kind regards,

Ioana

simasarry
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I want to compare two columns in two separate workbooks (FILE A and File B) by unique ID and find out which are the entries which are not present in file A but present in file B. When we use vlookup in excel, I get #n/a in the formula column for unmatched items. How to do the same in Alteryx?

Labels