Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to choose whole line of each column

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

can advise if i pull opportunity from SFDC, how to choose the whole line of information that meet below criteria:

Choose SFDC opportunity with same Account Name that  latest project closed date if Actual close date is null or latest Actual Close date if not null

OR 

Choose SFDC opportunity with same Account Name that if Project close date is equal then choose most recent created date.

thank you very much!

8 REPLIES 8
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lilyyangadsk, can you provide some sample data?

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

here attached sample data and column a marked the line i want to pick by alteryx thankyou. 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lilyyangadsk, here is the workflow for your problem statement. I could not test it on the larger dataset but it works for the dataset that you provided.

grazitti_sapna_0-1656307000302.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @lilyyangadsk 

One way to approach this issue to arrange the data in a rank-ordered fashion and then select the 1st record for each group of Account name. As in all sorting problem, the sort sequence is critical.

1. From reading your problem statement, it appears that the sorting sequence is:
    1. "Account Name", either descending or ascending will be fine > this first step groups your data by account name.
    2. "Actual Close Date" Descending Sort. > this 2nd step does 2 things. First all projects which have an actual closed date will be sorted above those without (i.e. null) actual closed date. Within those with an actual closed date, the most recent is pushed on top.
    3. "Projected Close Date" Descending Sort.
    4. "Created Date" Descending Sort. 
    5. Before you do the sorting however, you need to make sure that the date columns ("Actual Close Date", "Projected Close Date", "Created Date") are formatted as "datetime" datatype, otherwise your sorting results will be wrong. Do note that one of your records contains impossible date (31 April does not exist) so I've changed the source to 30 April.
  2. After you have sorted the data, you can use the Sample tool to take the 1st record within each group with the same "Account Name"
  3. Then the last step is just to pick the date of those selected records.

The following screenshot contains all the settings information, so I'm not attaching the workflow.  I'd highly recommend that you check out the Alteryx Interactive Lessons page for bite-sized tricks on how to maximise the use of all the "foundation" tools. I can confidently say that the 15 or so foundation tools are 90% sufficient to solve most basic finance or datablending issues such as this.

Alteryx Community 27June2022.PNG

Happy exploring!

Dawn.

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Could you share the workflow , thank you

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@lilyyangadsk, I replicated the workflow of @DawnDuong.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

thank you and it seems quite easy to use this one. 

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

Thank you!! It is very practical to use. 

Labels