Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to change default Jupyter notebook server in designer

psoma
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I wish to use our project specific Jupyter notebook server (hosted on cloud) instead of the local or default Server available in the designer. I was not able to find the location/settings where i can mention the Notebook URL, credentials/token,etc

Regards 

Soma

4 REPLIES 4
psoma
6 - Meteoroid

thanks @ntobon

I have referred to this link earlier. But, this doesn't provide any information about changing the Alteryx default Jupyter Server. To my knowledge these are general proxy settings, may be used for connecting to a remote server when accessed on secured network. In my case i have my own JupyterServer running in a python virtual environment on the same box alongside Alteryx, which doesn't require proxy settings.

What I have experienced is that the package library or modules are not placed in a specific system folder(inside C:\ programs). We will face issues during production move, due to version dependencies. So, be it be Python  or R the library management to be done locally via Virtual Environments or individual  libraries. And with python3 Jupyter Notebooks are easily accessible from the virtual environment itself. 

Also I have noticed that in Alteryx designer we can not change the R engine as well. What I understand is Alteryx has provided constrained version of R and Python. I am not sure about the restrictions on Alteryx Server. But, I am sure that someone else will also face this as issue.

P.s thanks for your response. I thought this question will be unanswered.

Regards

soma

TessaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @psoma ,

While it is not possible to choose your Jupyter server at this time, it is on the road map to add a Python environment manager which will allow you to select your Python environment. Is that what you were looking for or did I misunderstand you?

Thanks!

Tessa

Tessa Smithers

Sr. Technical Account Manager
Alteryx, Inc.

psoma
6 - Meteoroid

Yes. You got it right. I was looking for a python manager. I feel it will be of great help.

Labels