Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to add a drop down list in excel file when generating output from Alteryx

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

I have a requirement to add the following list as a drop-down in my Excel file. Can I use Alteryx to add this drop-down in the STATUS column so that the user can select the value from this drop-down while updating the status of the record?

Status
Closed
In Progress
Error
Canceled
2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you creating a dropdown in Alteryx, or trying to export an Alteryx field to a dropdown in excel?  If it's the later - your best bet would is probably to create an excel dropdown to call on a cellrange and have alteryx write to that cell range....

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

I have been using Excel for my status report where a drop-down was added using Data Validation. Now, I am generating this report using Alteryx and trying to explore if I can still have a drop-down on my excel file, an example enclosed. Note: I am overwriting the Status column (entire sheet) using Alteryx.

Labels