Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how data stored in MongoDB

ratheesh
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I am new to Alteryx. I would like to understand a bit more detail about embedded MongoDB.

1. What data would be stored in this DB?
  2. Is workflow stored anytime in the DB?
  3. Is the Data stored as encrypted in the DB?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ratheesh

6 REPLIES 6
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ratheesh,

Short answers to your questions:

1. The data stored is Metadata about the server. It will contain information about schedules, output logs, users, gallery apps, logins etc
  2. If you publish the app to the gallery, then it is stored in the MongoDB or if you decide to select 'Run workflow from Scheduler DB when scheduling then it will be stored in the DB. However, it is not readily readable.
  3. Some of the information is encrypted, some is stored as Blobs, and some is just raw data, but remember that the MongoDB in itself is not unprotected... As with anything, you should guard those passwords.

ratheesh
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the response!!

ToddNT
7 - Meteor

@KaneG Anywhere we can find further documentation?

KJennings
9 - Comet

Hi,

I would like to elaborate on the original poster's question.  It makes sense that the info described would be located in the MongoDB, but where and how is it stored, and can it be retrieved? 

For example, I need to generate a report of all my server's users, grouped by permission.  Where does one find that data in MongoDB?  Or, I need to generate a list of all workflows on the server, by owner. Again, where does one find that data in MongoDB?

Is any of this documented at all?

Regards,

Kevin Jennings

csmallwood
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@KJennings

Have you reviewed the server usage workflow?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/Alteryx-Server-Usage-Monitoring-amp-Reporting/ba-...

great post to get you started

KJennings
9 - Comet

@csmallwood 

Thanks, I will take a look at this source.

kj

Labels