Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how can start a sub-workflow use run command if max value >100 in filed [Measure] of main

ups366
8 - Asteroid
Dear all , hello ! I now plan to make a fully-automated condition-based workflow. Imagine the following: 1- Main.yxmd is a Main workflow. Schedule is used to run it regularly. Its workflow contains a Run Command tool for running AAA.yxmd. 2- AAA.yxmd is a sub workflow. When Main.yxmd runs continuously and regularly, the maximum value in the field [Measure] will continuously change. I want to have a trigger mechanism before the Run Command. When if the maximum value > 100 in field [Measure], then AAA.yxmd will start to run through Run Command. This can achieve unattended automatic mode. 3- The problem is how to determine the maximum value > 100 in the field [Measure] and Just Run Command? Thank you very much !
6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

Question,: why don't you use the Runner and Conditional Runner from the Crew Macro pack to launch your workflow?

(You can output your [Measure] in the log, and get it in the Main workflow with a LogParser then a filter to launch the second one based on a condition?

The Crew Macro pack is available here.

Something like that:

WilliamR_0-1576049689465.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ups366
8 - Asteroid

@WilliamR

Dear Sir, thank you a lot !

1- any way, I can't output field [Measure] through Runner or Log Parser, so fail to filter the max value. (the output field only contains [Module]+[TooIId]+[MessageType}+[File]+[FullPath] ,It's havn't [Measure] field.)

2- Could you please give 2 simple .yxmd file to rebuild the flow ? Thank you again!

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use a message tool to output your value in the log and get it in the main workflow.

You want a sample based on this idea?

ups366
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I want to get sample workflow from you to rebuild the right workflow.

Thank you a bunch !

WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Please find below 3 workflows to put in the same directory.

WilliamR_0-1576061913771.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ups366
8 - Asteroid

@WilliamR 

Dear, Just so so ! Thank you very much !

ps: the runner macro can't  running correctly in v2019.4 version , but fine in v2019.3.5.

Labels