Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

help

rrahman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

This time I have a very specific question. On my output, instead of getting a month name I am getting "Null". How do I replace Null with a month. Also, is there anyway I can add the company name in the output?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
nerces
8 - Asteroid

Here you go.

Some notes:

- You didn't need the first formula tool, the DateTime Parse tool did exactly what you wanted without messing around with the date field.

- The reason you were getting a NULL date was because you were comparing integer numbers to strings, hence the switch statement was going to the default which you had set as NULL()

- If you want to add the company name, you can tick the box to add the Excel file name as a column in the input tool and then manipulate it to add it into your final output.

rrahman
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @nerces ,

Thanks for your help. I have one more question. if I a excel file with two different tabs and both with different sets of data, can I use this same workflow, to get my output? Also, without attaching two files, do you think I can just attach one excel file that has two tabs and divide by output by "receipts" and "inventory"? As of now I tried to use two attachment and tried to combine it by union function, but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Rahat

Labels