Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

having difficulty chained apps

RajuK
5 - Atom

I have 10 analytical apps, want to trigger one after another. I have updated app info in Interface Designer along with condition " On Success - Run Another Analytical App".

However, second app did not trigger automatically even though 1st app completed successfully.

Can someone guide me what i am missing.

3 REPLIES 3
Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey @RajuK 

I'm no expert on chained apps but I'm pretty good at googling the answer - have you checked out this page on the community?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

Hope it helps!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

do you have browses in both apps and is your interface designer set to show you the browse results? If so do you see the values you'd expect? If not - browse tools/interface app to make sure the browse tools  show you as they run.

If you can provide more information or what your trying to do and your settings that might help too.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @RajuK 

The subsequent workflows in the chain only get launched if you start the first one using the "Wand" 

danilang_0-1620566575619.png

If you click the Run button or press Ctrl-R, only the first one will run

Dan

Labels