Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

getting started pop up

scott_tarkowski
5 - Atom

how do i disable the getting started pop up?

9 REPLIES 9
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
It is an option under "Tools"->"User Settings" "Show Getting Started window at startup"

Cheers
Adam
Adam Riley
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriley/
cbridges
11 - Bolide

I'm adding it as an idea to have the check box directly on the splashscreen. Having it under the user settings is, I think, counter-intuitive and inconsistent with the norm for such splash screens...

@thizviz
MA_Smith
5 - Atom

I have unchecked the box in the user settings and every time I open the program I am still getting the notification.

MA_Smith
5 - Atom

Hi Adam, I posted a question below with some screen shots.  I have done the actions to clear the start up tour and it is not clearing.  Can you please take a look?

Thanks, Mary Ann

David_Doyle
7 - Meteor

I am getting this same pop up box on version 2018.4.5.55178. Also, it is not remembering my selection from the tool palette. I know this is a separate issue but I thought I would ask :)

Thanks,

David

KaiC
5 - Atom

2019.2 and it still (annoyingly) exists for me.

jbotha
5 - Atom

Same issue with 2019.4

afinzerillo
8 - Asteroid

Why is this marked Solved?????

I'm using 2019.3.  I've unchecked the "Show Start Here at Startup" box in User Settings.  I still have to click "Close Tour" every time I launch Alteryx.

This is an open issue.

afinzerillo
8 - Asteroid

Your solution doesn't work.

Labels