Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

filtering rows for invisible special character 0x0b

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

We are trying to identify when end users are pasting text into a field in SharePoint that is messing up our XML pulls. 

I can see that the characters look like this in one of my text editors <0x0b> but it essentially appears as a blank or box in SharePoint. 

is there a way to filter for any rows where this character appears in the field?  I have tried this

REGEX_CountMatches([Risk Category Description],'[\{0x0b}]')

and it is not working to isolate that row--- it is ONLY one where that value exists. 

7 REPLIES 7
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aehrenwo 

Try this

REGEX_CountMatches([Risk Category Description],".*0x0b.*")

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aehrenwo 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output it will help us get a better understanding.

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Yeah that REGEX didn't return any matches --- this is the field/row that has the character. 

Tester 8/6/2021 8:22 AM | test2 |

A conflict of interest create a risk that a decision may be unduly influenced by other /for personal benefit but negatively impact the company&#39;s reputation &amp; business performance.

The character is right before "A conflict".  

I want to count if that character appears at least once in the field. 

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

This REGEX appears to partially work --- it finds some false positives as far as I can tell for some other rows but for the row in question the match count is much higher. Not sure why that is happening. As far as I can tell this character is ONLY in the field for one of the rows. 

REGEX_CountMatches([Risk Category Description], '[\0xb]') 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @aehrenwo 

You can try this 

replace([Field1],CharFromInt(11),"")

CharFromInt() returns the character represented by the integer argument.  11 is the base 10 equivalent of x0B.  This should remove all the offending characters from your string.

Dan

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

Ok got it.... this worked:

REGEX_CountMatches([Risk Category Description],'\x{00b}')

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @aehrenwo 

Thats good to hear🙂. You can definitely give @danilang suggestion a try.

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels