Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

filtering on dates

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

I have 2 columns with 2 different dates.

Column 1             Column 2

4.28.2022          random dates

I need column 2 to only filter on dates that's beginning 4.1.2022 and up and this is for a monthly report. Can anyone help me out here?

18 REPLIES 18
stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@ntudev Like this in your filter?

[Date1] >= "2022-04-01"
AND
[Date2] >= "2022-04-01"

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Use a Filter tool, and select the radio button for Custom filter:

[Column 2] >= [Column 1]

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

sorry i may have written my explanation wrong. I need column 2 to show the 1st of the month of column 1. So whatever date we have in column 1 then column 2 should just show the 1st of that month.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ntudev,

you can use the datetimetrim function:

IraWatt_0-1654524374632.png

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

how would i make it more than 1st of the month?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ntudev, What do you mean by more then the 1st of the month? You could use the datetimeadd function to add a given number of days or months on if you want.

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

i want to say >= firs of the month.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Can you provide sample input and output, in Excel?  I don't think I understand your requirements.

Chris

stvnhdmpa
8 - Asteroid

@ntudev  - Can you mock up some some sample data with the results you need to achieve?  I'm struggling to understand the requirement of this one.

@IraWatt - The DatetimeTrim is brilliant  I wish I new about that a year ago.  I came up with a workaround, but it wasn't pretty.

Labels