Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

filter and transpose into multiple separate files

TiffanyH12
7 - Meteor

I have a data set where I first filter by a column "Region". Then each region needs to be crosstab to get the data the way I want it and then exported to an excel file. I need a file for each region (10+ files at the end). 

What I have:

Account #Account NameCoCodeValueRegion
1000xxx1-france$$France
1200xxx1-France$$France
1300xxx2-France$$France
1400xxx6-France

$$

France
1200xxx3-Germany

$$

Germany
1300xxx3-Germany$$Germany

What I want:

I want my output file to look like this but have the workflow produce separate output files for all the different regions. Is there a way to build this in the workflow to complete this process without having to build duplicates of the process in the workflow over and over for all the regions I have?

Account #Account Name1-France2-France6-France
1000xxx$$$
1200xxx$$$
1300xxx$$$
1400xxx$$$

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is possible with a batch macro. I've done the transpose with a cross-tab inside of the macro.

For the actual workflow, I've created a unique list of the regions, since that is what I want my batches to iterate by. You can see that the macro runs twice, once for each region.

echuong1_0-1613602977556.png

echuong1_1-1613603009857.png

TiffanyH12
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response! Are you able to share the marco and workflow in separate files? I can't open the package for some reason. 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

See attached! You'll need to reconfigure the macro after adding it back.

echuong1_0-1613607623198.png

Labels