Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

field conversion error on select records

garykueper
5 - Atom
Hi I am getting a field conversion error when attempting to use the select records tool off of a directory tool. So I have the directory tool. Then a select off of that to select the directory. Then from that we have the select records tool where I am just attempting to select the first record because we have the directory repeated 19 times. It selects it and the workflow "works" but it produces a field conversion error saying toold#3:Field1:1 lost information in translation. It concerns me because we need to run this workflow in an IT controlled locked down environment where there can't be any errors. Has anybody come across a similar issue and know a fix?
5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You could just use a filter tool to select which record you want or use the sample tool and bring back the first record rather than the select records tool if it throwing a field conversion error.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @garykueper 

The error is being generated by Tool #3.  Which of your tools is Tool #3.  And what is it doing

Dan

garykueper
5 - Atom
I can't find tool #3. It no longer seems to be a part of the workflow
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @garykueper 

Are you still getting the error?  Can you post a screen shot of the error in the workflow output?

Dan

garykueper
5 - Atom
Thanks sample tool did work without any errors. It still seems odd though that the select records tool would throw field conversion errors when I believe I was using it for its intended purpose.
Labels