Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

extract portion of url using regex

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have urls of the form X\Y\Z\A KPI 2021.xlsx|||B , Z\H\W\B Daily KPI 2022.xlsx|||E, D\F\C\E\G - Daily KPI 2021.xlsx|||G. I'm looking to extract A KPI, B Daily KPI, G - Daily KPI. In terms of consistency- these strings will always within the last \ and before d{4} i.e. the years expression 2021, 2022. Also-this expression would definitely contain the word KPI and sometimes also contain the word Daily, so something like (Daily|KPI) would be needed in the regex portion. Can anyone help with this ? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Shaina1 

You want to like this ?

flying008_0-1666067360173.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Shaina1 One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1666076598964.png

bkurt
8 - Asteroid

bkurt_0-1666077189530.png

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, thanks a lot for this ! Unfortunately, I'm still getting nulls only as my regex output. I did notice the additional dots in the expression that you have displayed. I don't need the A.KPI or B.Daily.KPI- Just need A KPI or B Daily KPI out. For now-I'm getting nulls only.

Shaina1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you everyone ! I saw these messages later. Please discard my above message. The regex is working for me now :)

Labels