Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

extract nth split regex

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

nth_split.png

Hi, i want to extract the nth split by delimiter '_', i was trying with an IF statement on the B column IF [bp]=A THEN .....

but i'm struggling with the regex functions.

Any help appreciated, Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
NickSm
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jcardoso  - Probably a few ways to approach this, depending if it's the same nth split that you want to parse out every time or if it's more of a pattern that you're looking for.

The sample provided doesn't have the "bp" column, so any additional info you can provide can help us give a better response.

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Thank you, it's a parse, but the index where should be taken from it's in different positions, dependending on the bp.

File updated attached, my apologies,

Thank you so much

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @jcardoso ,

I think this does the trick:

Untitled2.png

These are the formulas:

IF REGEX_Match([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{7,8})(\_.*|\.xlsx)') THEN REGEX_Replace([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{7,8})(\_.*|\.xlsx)', '$2') ELSE Null() ENDIF

IF IsNull([awdad]) and REGEX_Match([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})(\s.*)') THEN REGEX_Replace([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})(\s.*)', '$2') ELSE [awdad] ENDIF

IF IsNull([awdad]) and REGEX_Match([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})(\_.*)') THEN REGEX_Replace([FileName], '(.*\_)(\d{4}\-\d{2}\-\d{2})(\_.*)', '$2') ELSE [awdad] ENDIF

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Could you use the Regex tool set to parse and use,

_(\d{4}-?\d{2}-?\d{2})

P

BetterFerret
8 - Asteroid

@jcardoso,

You might find my set of custom formulas useful.  It includes a Split() function and a StandardDate() function that might be useful as well.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Custom-Functions/idi-p/467216

jcardoso
8 - Asteroid

Thank you

although this would need to be adapted to each of the different date formats, yes, it solves the case.

Labels