Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

excel input no sheet specified, but I don't get a list

Mikis
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is an error or blatant lack of knowledge, but I'm not able to open a list of excel files.

They're all in the same format. Each excel has 1 sheet called 'Data' and a table called 'Table1'

I attached an example file.

The list below 'select a sheet' is just blank. Any ideas?

On a sidenote: I recently updated to 2018.2 and since then I have to reboot my computer frequently because Alteryx starts bugging (like it returns errors that I know don't exist, and when I reboot it runs smoothly)

Thanks,

Mikis

no results.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is strange, I get the same problem with your file.

What version of Alteryx are you using, 2018.2?

I resolved the issue with your file by adding a 2nd sheet, which then allowed the drop down to appear and I could select the original data sheet.

As a temp fix you may look to do this; I'd consider raising a support ticket with alteryx though to identify why this may occur (support@alteryx.com).

Ben

Mikis
8 - Asteroid

Yes, indeed. 2018.2

I'm relieved you have the same issue. I already started watching youtube video's on how to upload excel files :D

Mikis
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Support told me how to fix it, even though I don't really understand what the problem is :)

If I understand properly it has to do with a microsoft update or something where you need to use the 'legacy' option

Start with downloading the 2010 Access driver

And then use the excel legacy option

Capture.PNG

And it works :)

Thanks for the tips,

Mikis

Tomasz
6 - Meteoroid

Check the solution here:

https://community.alteryx.com/pvsmt99345/board/message?board.id=designer-discussions&message.id=9156...

In my case, choosing "Microsoft Excel 1997-2003 (*xls)" helped (for the source *.xlsx file).

Labels