Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

event when no new data in a given period

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I have a monitoring tool which sends every 5 minutes new data into a SQL database. I grab these data with Alteryx and make my workflow ...

Unfortunately the tool is not very stable and sometimes there are no new data sent and a restart is needed.

How it is possible to setup an event in Alteryx if no new data are available for the last 5 min before the workflow runs.

It should only alarm when there are no new data. (Not for 0 and NULL values)

The workflow is sheduled on a Server to run every 15 minutes. There is a date/time field in the data.

Many thx in advance

Steffen

1 REPLY 1
danrh
13 - Pulsar

What kind of "alarm" are you looking for?  In cases like this, I frequently use the Email tool to send myself a message stating that something isn't working.  Something like this should do the trick:

image.png

Using your DateTime field, the Filter grabs just those records created in the last 5 minutes.  The Count Records tool then does a count, and the second Filter checks that count to see if it is 0.  The Email tool then sends a message, alerting you or whomever else that there's an issue.

Hope it helps!

Labels