Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

error opening workflow

someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

I cant open the attached workflow not sure if its related to the recent update Version: 2021.3.1.47945 or something in the file.  

someotherguy_0-1629314048625.png

I was able to recover an earlier version from our network drive, not sure what is causing the error though.

3 REPLIES 3
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello there!

If I were to guess. It's because someone added a HUGE text input (tool 264 on your workflow). Is the older version of the workflow smaller? I am curious if now it's just too big to process the XML. If you open up the workflow in a text editor (like below), and scroll to the bottom (also below), the file just stops. where something like 900k lines of code are what make up your text input. Which, if there is some stuff in there that should not be shared, I would remove that file as soon as you can. 

If you need that data, I would query it from a server or a flat file on the desktop

Treyson_1-1629318411670.png

Treyson_2-1629318444310.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
someotherguy
8 - Asteroid

the previous file was actual a little bigger, I was doing some testing and somehow the Text Input tool ended up behind the Input Data tool, and the whole thing was minimized.  removing it reduced the file size by 4 MB.  I have since discovered cache and run workflow so no need to store a large quantity of information in a workflow.

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@someotherguy Yes, cache and run workflow is the best addition to Alteryx in my opinion. We used to have to save it to a YXDB and pull the part that we needed to debug to a new workflow. Glad this worked out for you!

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Labels