Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

error access is denied in scheduler but not otherwise, Context: 0xd6232f85

johand_erst
7 - Meteor

How come I get the following errors through the scheduler? When I run the scheduled workflow outside the scheduler, the error does not occur.

Start: Designer x64: Started running at 2022-04-28 09:30:24
Error: Tool #162: The file "\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_dagens_backup.hyper" could not be overwritten.
Error: Tool #158: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-p03\Corona\SAG_kompdata\fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Context: 0xd6232f85
Error: Tool #163: error opening database 'fremdrift': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............fremdrift.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift.hyper"): Access is denied.
Error: Tool #166: error opening database 'fremdrift_sidste_backup': There was an error during loading database "hyper.file:\\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper": The database file "\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper" cannot be opened in `read-write` mode: CreateFileW("\\?\UNC\s-tableau-..............\fremdrift_sidste_backup.hyper"): Access is denied.
End: Designer x64: Finished running in 6:48 minutes

3 REPLIES 3
johand_erst
7 - Meteor

@grossal Thanks so much for replying in this post.  You suggested the error was different, so I created a new post/question.

To reply: I use Alteryx through a remote desktop (virtual machine or server). I am not sure about the details about the scheduler. I can dig into this if you have questions about it, in case it could have implications for my problem.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @johand_erst,

this definitely sounds like a permissions issue, I would look at what Credentials scheduler is using to run your workflow. Some places to check: Credentials | Alteryx Help, Workflow Credentials (alteryx.com).

BGirkins
8 - Asteroid

Did you ever get any information on this? We get the same errors and they happen more and more now. It used to never happen. Permissions never changed, we are on the same version of Alteryx, etc. But for some reason, we have seen a major uptick in these errors. And like you, ONLY on the Scheduler...never running it ad hoc.

Labels