Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

dynamic summarize according to input

Y_B
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I would appreciate some help. I have two inputs: Settings and a Dataset.

E.g.

Dataset

Trade IDDateMTMFlav
12331.03.2215Put
31231.03.2210Call
12331.01.225Call

Settings

Column NamesAction
Trade IDGroup By
DateFirst
MTMSum
FlavFirst

[Column Names] in Settings contains all columns of Dataset and [Action] in settings determines the action the summarize tool should perform on the corresponding column. In this example we group by Trade ID, sum MTM, and take the first of Date and Flav:

Output

Trade IDDateMTMFlav
12331.03.2220Put
31231.03.2210Call

If the Dataset contains more columns, those will be manually added to settings including an Action before running the workflow.

I'm looking for a workflow that solves this dynamically, meaning the column names could change, there could be more/less columns or actions could change.

Best regards,

Y_B

2 REPLIES 2
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Since you're wanting this to be dynamic, what rule do you want to follow for deciding what action is to be taken?  (ie. first, sum, avg, group, whatever)

Y_B
6 - Meteoroid

The action for each column is determined by [Action] in "Settings".

Maybe dynamic is the wrong word. The workflow should read the "Settings" and summarize the "Dataset" according to the settings.

Labels