Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic select - month CURRENT&PAST

annzhu
7 - Meteor

Could anybody please tell me why only July month was selected? I meant to select current and Previous, Today is Aug 12, so I shall have Aug and July month but I got "2019-July" only...so anything wrong with the formula? Thanks!

Capture.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
annzhu
7 - Meteor

Hi @estherb47 

Thanks and I figured it by using your logic...just a bit change to capture the whole picture not the total.!Thanks for the help!Capture.JPG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@annzhu 

@estherb47 ellegantly nailed it, and I'm sorry for my delay to help you out.

Glad you could find the solution.

Cheers,

annzhu
7 - Meteor

Sure,thank you for your help too.  Is it possible that you post a screenshot as well here so I could make a comparsion with mine?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @annzhu 

I generated some fake data to bring an example to you.

Look what I'd do:

ExampleDynamic.PNG

- Here I have a Customer ID field. You could or could not have it, if you don't have a field like this, you can generate this with a RecordID tool, as @estherb47 did.

- Dynamic Select your columns as I had previously shown it to you

- Tranpose your current month and previous month columns using Customer ID as key field

- Use Multi-Row formula to calculate difference. Set Values for Rows that don't exist to NULL and group by Customer ID.

- Filter out the non-null values

- Join this dataset to your original dataset before the transposing, to bring the Difference column.

WF attached in version 2018.2 if you need to take a look at it.

Cheers,

Labels