Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic select - month CURRENT&PAST

annzhu
7 - Meteor

Could anybody please tell me why only July month was selected? I meant to select current and Previous, Today is Aug 12, so I shall have Aug and July month but I got "2019-July" only...so anything wrong with the formula? Thanks!

Capture.JPG

13 REPLIES 13
annzhu
7 - Meteor

Hi @estherb47 

Thanks and I figured it by using your logic...just a bit change to capture the whole picture not the total.!Thanks for the help!Capture.JPG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@annzhu 

@estherb47 ellegantly nailed it, and I'm sorry for my delay to help you out.

Glad you could find the solution.

Cheers,

annzhu
7 - Meteor

Sure,thank you for your help too.  Is it possible that you post a screenshot as well here so I could make a comparsion with mine?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @annzhu 

I generated some fake data to bring an example to you.

Look what I'd do:

ExampleDynamic.PNG

- Here I have a Customer ID field. You could or could not have it, if you don't have a field like this, you can generate this with a RecordID tool, as @estherb47 did.

- Dynamic Select your columns as I had previously shown it to you

- Tranpose your current month and previous month columns using Customer ID as key field

- Use Multi-Row formula to calculate difference. Set Values for Rows that don't exist to NULL and group by Customer ID.

- Filter out the non-null values

- Join this dataset to your original dataset before the transposing, to bring the Difference column.

WF attached in version 2018.2 if you need to take a look at it.

Cheers,

Labels