Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

dynamic quarterly /monthly report

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

Hi SMEs,

is there  any way that the user can generate the report based on the quarter? the flow which i have created can only generate the current quarter or YTD but i want the flow should be dynamic which can give user the option to choose any quarter or month to get the data. 

Right now i can only give quarterly or YTD option but i want these option to be dynamic and allow the end user to get the data from whatever time period they need. like Q1 Q2 Q3 or Q4

4 REPLIES 4
pdave87
11 - Bolide

@pokhan27 Hi, do you have sample data/existing output for our reference?

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

please find the sample data. 

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @pokhan27 

Without specifics on how the current workflow works, i can suggest some modifications as follow:

1) if you need the user to specify the period, that calls for a user input interface, which is can be done by converting your workflow to an app.

2) there is a Date Interface Tool under the App category (black colour), which you can check out the example workflow.

3) Once the user inputs the required date range, it becomes a matter of filtering / querying your data before inputting to the further processing downstream.

Dawn.

pokhan27
8 - Asteroid

like in the attached flow i can generate the each quarter or respective quarter data. But i want to let user decide which quarter they want

Labels