Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic email tool

KLS
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I'm trying to send an email to the intended "offender".So eg I have a file with multiples email address tagged to different person. So if "Penalised" = "Yes" then I'd require the email to read email address dynamically in this case, abc@asd.com & zxc@asd.com. Understand we can tagged "offender" and reflect in the email body using layout tool but is this possible to input intended email add straight in the email tool? Thanks in advance.

Penalisedemail add
Yesabc@asd.com
No123@asd.com
Yeszxc@asd.com
5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Not sure I follow.  Are you asking if you can use the email tool to send an email to multiple people?  Include those multiple people's addys in the body of the email?  Send one email per addy and have that addy in the body?  All of this is do-able.  Just wondering what specifically you're looking for.

KLS
8 - Asteroid

@mbarone yes to include multiple email add ,without having need for user to manually key in "offender" email in the email tool, which means input dynamically.Is it possible? 

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @KLS 

it seems like you want to filter a list of emails to identify those that should be penalised. The Filter tool will get the list. Then you want to build single comma separated list of these emails to send one email. The Summarize tool will concatenate them. The Email tool will take this "offender" field dynamically. See screenshots and attached workflow. Notice in the second screenshot, the Email tool has the "To:" box checked and it will take values from the "offender" field dynamically.

Let me know what you think. If this doesn't answer your question, kindly make it more clear and provide feedback, thank you.

seven_0-1593484206287.png

seven_1-1593484232617.png

seven
12 - Quasar

Hi @KLS 

did the solution work for you?

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @KLS ,

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

The solution from @seven is correct if you want to send a single email with all "offenders" at the same time. If you want to send individual emails to each offender, then you wouldn't concatenate. The biggest takeaway is that you can send the dynamic emails into the email tool by checking the box next to the "to" field and selecting your field that contains those emails. The email tool sends an email for each record you pass through, so if you have a list of 100 emails all the same, it will send that person 100 individual emails, so be mindful of that.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Labels