Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic date formatting

COrr
7 - Meteor

Attached is workflow with a text input with multiple date formats.  I need all of these to match a MM/DD/YYYY format.  However I would also like to be able for the workflow to dynamically know that if its just the day and time then that means it's the current week.  Example: Mon 6:37 p.m. would be 08/24/2020.  However examples like Mon 08/17 would be changed to 08/17/2020.  This has had my head scratching for a couple of hours and was hoping for some help.

COrr_0-1598386604191.png

5 REPLIES 5
paulfound
11 - Bolide

Hi @COrr 

Assuming that there is only ever 3 formats and this week is = "Mon 4:47 PM ", last week is = "Thu 8/20" then "8/13/2020" for everything previous.

PaulFound_0-1598422165782.png

Bit messy but does the trick. 

Let me know how you get on.

COrr
7 - Meteor

Yes there are only the 3 formats.  Is the attached workflow supposed to be a stepping stone to the one in the picture?  Because it looks way different.

paulfound
11 - Bolide

Sorry, wrong file. Updated will match now. 🙂

COrr
7 - Meteor

this is just darn impressive.  it's going to take me a bit to understand the conditional expression on generate rows tool.  Thank you so much for your help!

paulfound
11 - Bolide

This is the first formula.

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),tonumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%w"))*-1,'days')

Basically this - DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%w") gets the weekday number 0 being Sunday, 6 being Saturday. I times it by -1 to give me the inverse and add that number of days to today and you get Sundays date.

For the previous week I took another 7. 

Glad it helped anyhow.

Labels