Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

duplicate record tagging

lporter1970
5 - Atom

I want to use Alteryx to append current month repurchase data (table) to prior period repurchase data (table).  There could be a loan record in the current month data and that same loan record in the prior period data.  I need to append the current month data to the prior period data, but need to keep both records.  They both need to be tagged as duplicates and the older record needs to have a date put in it.  These would be already existing columns that would need the update.  Below is the example of what I need it to look like, note that this example is note showing all the columns for each record.

lporter1970_0-1655926782207.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @lporter1970 

There are a few ways to do this, but please find below one example:

DavidSkaife_0-1655932868057.png

I've attached the workflow for you to have a look at and hopefully use the logic/methodology in your workflow and change accordingly to fit your needs :)

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

i did a slightly different approach and utilized Only Unique tool and Summarize MIN 

digitalmemo_1-1656183323919.png

Labels