Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

distribution of data

Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 24032 records and I need to assign them in a 10 X 10 grid in the distribruion, so that it should like the following : can someone please help me with that how to do it easily in alteryx ?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

VJ

9 REPLIES 9
Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have 24032 records and I need to assign them in a 10 X 10 grid in the distribruion, so that it should like the following : can someone please help me with that how to do it easily in alteryx ?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

VJ

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Here's a start... this generates a number grid... you would still need to utilize this to reorder your grid appropriately so that a cross-tab on your data using the new offsets would have your data in the cells, rather than just the numbers from 1 to 100.

Hope it helps!

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Bharath

I added the code I described, using the calculated grid locations to get actual data into the right spots in the grid.

Hope this helps.

pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Could you further explain what you mean?  I do not think that it's clear what you want to do.

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

(Aside: this is a duplicate of the same question, here.)

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@JohnJPS,

Thanks for noticing that this post got duplicated. I have merged them here.

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi Pcatterson,

I have 24032 records (24032 members) I have to assign them to decile 1 and decile 2 each varies from 1 to 10. for example in the attached grid we can see that the decile 1 : 1 , decile 2 : 1 has 590 members. so among the 24032 memebrs I need to assign 590 memebrs to this cell (1,1) likewise In need to assign 565 members to the cell (1,2)........ the counts are not need to exactly same but its hould be in that range. is thers is any easilest way to do this in alteryx ?

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

HI @Bharath,

I modified my above workflow to (1) base the cell in the grid on the count of items in the deciles, and (2) tie back to the original 24,032 records of random data, with the (x,y) of the grid to which each row contributed.  Is that what you're going for?  As long as you can replace the "Gen Random Data" area with your own data, and adjust downstream tools accordingly, you should be good to go.

Hope that helps!

Capture.PNG

Bharath
8 - Asteroid

Hi John,

This is awesome. Thank you for helping me on this. I will implement this and I will let you know.

Thnkas,

Bharath

Labels